Monday, August 13, 2007

Sketchbook Updates

It occurs to me that in my last post, I might have alarmed some of those who read this blog. Do you ever forget how much you enjoy doing something, and later when you have to do it, you forget that its something you enjoy? I, unfortunately have that all the time, and animation is one of those things. I’m just not very good at given myself a strict schedule.

This isn’t a cry for help, but rather its me letting off some steam. I think about animating a lot, especially lately with my thesis schedule approaching. I have an animation table, but its not in a room where I can lay papers all over the place, and leave pencils lying around. Where I am staying this coming semester, I am bringing the table, so its there right from the start.

In the meantime, I figured I show some of my own stuff. My last few posts have mostly been reviews.
A couple nights ago, I went to dinner with my sister and her friends at the restaurant my sister works at. I filled a page with various faces of the restaurant patrons. I used a 0.7 lead mechanical pencil, which is currently my choice tool for random drawing.



Recently, my mind is preoccupied with my thesis. So whenever my sketchbook is opened, I try to put down as much as I can, which is still too little right now. I can only hope more will be established by the middle of September.



My thesis involves characters that are parasites. So I find myself trying to design different specimen. The reason there is a copy of “Stitch” (which I consider to be one of the best character designs in any animated film) is because of the new site put up by animator Chris Sanders. Check out the site: it has sketches that are beautiful and highly imaginative.

1 comment:

Robert P. Goodman said...

Cool stuff M, we all loose site of that which moves us, it's called the ebbs and flows of inspiration. I really like the headless character on the left in the "Sketchbook+thesis+2" block. Stay loose.