Thursday, November 19, 2009

Henry Selick in New York


With awards season in full swing, some films from earlier in the year need some reassurance. Coraline doesn't need any in my opinion, but Focus Features probably wants to be safe. Henry Selick is currently doing a small promotional tour of Coraline, and stopped by New York for a few appearances.

Coraline screened in 3D in Union Square Tuesday night. Mr. Selick appeared after the screening for a Q&A. Afterward, I grabbed the last spot on line to grab an audience with the director of not only this film, but The Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach. I got my audience with him, and got to converse with him. Major
moment.

I had to cover this event for ASIFA-East's blog. For more detail, you can read it here.

No comments: